Broiled Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 2 or 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or mia’s kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chardonnay or other dry, white wine
Wash mushrooms and drain well. Remove stems and chop finely. Sauté chopped mushroom stems and onions in butter on medium-high heat until cooked. Add breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, cayenne, Parmesan and white wine and heat until warm.
Brush mushroom caps lightly with butter or oil. Press cooked stuffing into caps, sprinkle with paprika, and heat under broiler until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on them. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
*Adapted from Mia’s grandmothers cookbook, Mangiamo by Sylvia Sebastiani.