- 1 clove garlic
- ½ to ¾ cup mia’s kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon grated dry mustard
- 2 eggs, boiled 1 ½ minutes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 to 8 anchovy filets, fine chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional- sliced cooked chicken breast
Crush garlic and add to ½ cup oil; add croutons and set aside. Tear lettuce into large salad bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix Worcestershire and mustard with remaining oil and pour over lettuce; tossing well. Break eggs into salad. Add lemon juice and toss thoroughly. Add anchovies and cheese and toss again. Add crouton, chicken if you choose, lastly, toss gently, and serve immediately.
*Adapted from Mia’s grandmothers cookbook, Mangiamo by Silvia Sebastiani.