- 1 – 8 ounce package cannelloni
- your favorite flavor mia’s kitchen Pasta Sauce
- Meat filling:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup mia’s kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ pound mozzarella cheese, diced
- ¼ pound Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Place up to 8 cannelloni in 6 quarts boiling salted water. Cook for 5 minutes only. Remove carefully with a strainer spoon. Run cold water over shells until cook enough to handle. Make the filling by first sautéing onion in oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground meet and season with salt and pepper. When well browned remove from heat and let cool. Mix in parsley, eggs, cheeses, breadcrumbs, and milk. Fill cannelloni, with a butter knife; then refrigerate until ready to use. When ready to bake, cover bottom of a baking with pasta sauce. Lay cannelloni in the baking dish, side by side and cover with more pasta sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil, crimping edges to seal. Bake in a 400°F oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and back another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
*Adapted from Mia’s grandmothers cookbook, Mangiamo by Silvia Sebastiani.