- 6 veal marrow bones with their meat, cut into pieces 3 inches long
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup mia’s kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Pinch of fresh chopped rosemary
- Pinch of fresh chopped sage
- ¼ cup of your favorite flavor mia’s kitchen Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup chardonnay, or other dry, white wine
- ½ cup water or stock
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a sauté pan on medium high heat, brown veal in butter and oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, then turn pieces upright to hold in marrow. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, rosemary and sage. Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes. Blend pasta sauce with wine and stir into veal. Add water or stock and simmer over low heat, adding small amounts of water if necessary to prevent drying. Simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours. Serve over cooked rice or mashed potatoes if desired.
*Adapted from Mia’s grandmothers cookbook, Mangiamo by Silvia Sebastiani.