Added May 5, 2014|Category: Sides
- 1 clove garlic
- ½-¾ cup Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon grated dry mustard
- 2 eggs, boiled 1½ minutes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6-8 anchovy filets, fine chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced cooked chicken breast (Optional)
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Crush garlic and add to ½ cup oil; add croutons and set aside.
- Tear lettuce into large salad bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix Worcestershire and mustard with remaining oil and pour over lettuce; tossing well.
- Break eggs into salad. Add lemon juice and toss thoroughly. Add anchovies and cheese and toss again. Add crouton, chicken if you choose, lastly, toss gently, and serve immediately.