CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER & FOUNDER
Mia is our company’s leader. She began Mia’s Kitchen by selling her specialty foods from the back of her truck. Today, she oversees all aspects of the company’s operations from product development to product placement with an unending commitment to excellence. Mia’s goal is to ensure that all of her specialty foods are natural, authentic, and of course, completely awesome!
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
Kendrick joined Mia’s Kitchen and immediately assumed responsibility for overseeing the company’s operations and overall structural alignment. His winemaking background has greatly helped him in his new somewhat eclectic role that includes everything from new product development to guiding sales and financial strategies. Kendrick definitely wears many hats!
- What’s your favorite part about your job at Mia’s Kitchen? Working with a great team.
- What’s your favorite Mia’s Kitchen product? The new product, we can’t say yet…
- What do you do for fun as a hobby or pastime? All time favorite- Surfing.
- Who is the most influential person in your life? Mia. Duh.
- What’s your favorite movie/movies? Jurassic Park.
- If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? Seychelles
- Which superhuman power do you wish you had? Teleportation
- Would you rather come face-to-face with a great white shark or a grizzly bear? Bear
- If you had to choose between tacos or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Tacos
SALES COORDINATOR – ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNTANT
As Mia’s Kitchens’ Sales Coordinator – Administrative Accountant, Kendra supports sales by processing orders, scheduling outbound and inbound shipments as well as tracking specific logistics associated with working in the gourmet food industry. Kendra processes accounts payable and receivable as well as running the office in Sonoma.
Kendra thinks working at Mia’s Kitchen is a blast! She’s particularly fond of the overall company culture and support system.
- What’s your favorite movie/movies? It’s a tie between Grease and Dirty Dancing.
- If you could meet anyone, dead or living, whom would you meet? Will Ferrell. The funny man wins my laughter every time.
- What’s your favorite Mia’s Kitchen product? Vodka Pasta Sauce. The flavor is amazing and my kids love it too.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my house, and take a really long vacation. Thailand maybe?
- What do you do for fun as a hobby or pastime? Sing Karaoke. Knit stuff. Go camping. Eat good food.
- What’s your go-to Pandora station? Anything 90’s, I can rock out to almost anything from that era. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Ace of Base, Britney Spears, and don’t forget N’Sync.
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Frances is Mia’s Kitchens’ National Sales Manager. Her responsibilities include sales and marketing programs as well as brand management in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Frances’ focus is directed toward increasing the sales and distribution of Mia’s “Awesome” products and in doing so ensuring that our customers eat “gourmet everyday!”
- What’s your favorite Mia’s Kitchen product? My Pasta sauce favorites changes every week, Oil-Garlic Rosemary Oil, Jalapeno Pasta Sauce (of course, I’m a Texan)
- What is your professional and educational background? BBA in Marketing from Stephen F Austin State University-A really, really long time ago, 30 years in the food business. Started at Jardine’s Texas Foods in 1986, went to SYSCO Food Services for 11 years (Executive Assistant/Co Benefits-support of President, CFO, HR & VP), After my kids graduated the Specialty Food world was calling me back into to sales- worked for the Silver Palate for 1 yr (Regional)and 8 years for Arriba Fire Roasted Salsa (National Sales Mgr). Now, the best job ever-Mia’s Kitchen.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Take my family on a trip! Hire someone to fix all my fences and get a NEW John Deere Tractor. Then buy a house on the beach and in the mountains for vacations-with maid service for everyone!
- If you could meet anyone, dead or living, whom would you meet? Living-Oprah. Dead-Diana Princess of Whales and Coco Chanel
- What’s your favorite movie/movies? Gone with the Wind, Tombstone, Sweet Home Alabama, Jaws.
- Do you have any nicknames? Francy Pants
- Anything else you’d like to share? Love the Mia’s Kitchen team-fun job!
WESTERN SALES MANAGER
Gary is Mia’s Kitchens’ Western Sales Manager. His responsibilities include sales and marketing programs and brand management in the western region. His broad experience in the food industry is a great asset to the Mia’s Kitchen team.
Gary enjoys working in a family-owned company known for its passion for creating awesome products. In his role, Gary is helping Mia’s Kitchen become the best quality food products company in the specialty food industry!
- What is your professional and educational background? I have worked in retail grocery, worked for a couple distributors for 10 yrs. and a broker for 14 yrs. Studied the arts at Pierce Collage.
- Who is the most influential person in your life? My Mom.
- What are your favorite foods? Rib Eye, good eggplant parm, all Mediterranean and Italian food.
- If you had to choose between tacos or pizza for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Pizza
- What is your favorite car? Corvette
Natalie is Mia’s Kitchens’ Marketing Manager. She works closely with the sales team to create marketing programs, handles marketing communications and partnerships, and marketing strategy. Natalie is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. Her Italian heritage and passion for food makes her job at Mia’s Kitchen super fun!
- What’s your favorite part about your job at Mia’s Kitchen? The people are AWESOME and the products are insanely delish. It’s a fun and innovative team to collaborate and work with.
- What do you do for fun as a hobby or pastime? Camping, gardening, cooking, riding motorcycles, road trips and tons of stuff with my dog!
- Who is the most influential person in your life? My Italian Grandmother was a huge influential person in my life- you could always find me in the kitchen cooking with her and making meatballs and things, or we’d be out in the orchard, picking fruit for homemade pies and cobblers. She’s the reason I wanted to work in the food industry.
- What’s your favorite thing to cook at home? I love cooking with the food I grew in my garden- whether it’s a winter lentil and kale stew, or a summer salad with tomatoes and basil- it’s always so satisfying to eat the fruits of your labor.
- Which superhuman power do you wish you had? I wish I could fly, but I want to be able to dive into the water to be all mermaid-y too- so maybe I’d be a flying mermaid…?
- What’s your favorite concert you’ve ever been to? Radiohead